The early indication is 2.6 will bring Press it back- but, maybe, it’s called “Press This” now.
WordPress 2.6 Beta 1 :: geek ramblings
The return of the â€œPress Thisâ€ bookmarklet (find it in the sidebar of the Write page). Drag the link to your browserâ€™s bookmarks toolbar, and use it to quickly post about sites you visit.
Yeah- no more need to do the workaround I posted here:
Word Press 2.5 missing Press It function- and how to restore it
So, what to do? If you are upgrading- your old Word Press press it bookmark will still work. If you are doing a new install, you’ll have to make a book mark with the following as the url:
Make sure you copy the whole thing- and replace YOURDOMAIN.tld (top level domain) with your own domain name. ie. websitetology.com for this site.
Step by step on how to make a Pressit bookmark for WordPress 2.5
1) use Firefox.
2) Bookmark any page (I prefer to save this in the “Bookmark Toolbar Folder” so it’s easily available
3) Go to “Organize Bookmarks” under “Bookmarks” and find the bookmark you just made
4) Right click on the bookmark and choose “Properties”
5) Change the name to “Press-it name of your site”
6) Copy the above code to the location field
7) Make sure you have your URL instead of “www.YOURDOMAIN.tld” ie www.websitetology.com for this site
Save the bookmark- and now- you are free to use the wonderful pressit- like this tutorial outlines.
Hope this helps- and that the code doesn’t get mangled by WordPress. works for you.