This post would have been a lot more interesting if all the sites using WordPress were linked-but, I believe that the list is probably right. My only question is why haven’t any of these government agencies hired The Next Wave to do their sites- since we are an SDVOB and HUBzone?
Here is a list (probably not all-inclusive) of United States government agencies or organizations using WordPress (whether privately or publicly):
* Air Force
* Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
* Coast Guard
* Defense Intelligence Agency
* Department of Energy
* Department of Homeland Security
* Department of State
* Department of Treasury
* Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
* Marine Corps
* Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
* National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
* National Reconnaissance Agency
* National Security Agency (NSA)
This list was revealed at WordCamp San Francisco, 2008.
While the seasoned WP person can usually tell if a site is done in WP or not- some rookies can’t tell. An easy way to find out is just try adding /wp-admin after the primary URL and see if it takes you to the login panel.