Using Image and File Attachments Â« WordPress Codex
This isn’t the easiest to read set of instructions – but it’s the best that’s out there for now.
If you want to attach a Microsoft Word doc (not recommended) or a PDF (recommended) to your WordPress blog- these are the steps.
- The reasons you don’t want to attach a Word Doc:
- not everyone has Word
- Word can contain viruses
- Word formatting will break depending on fonts and computer platform.
But- if you load a PDF:
- Everyone can read it with the free Acrobat reader
- Search engines will parse it
- Many people can read the PDF within their browser
- It will look exactly the same on every machine
- It can have fields in it to fill out on the computer
I hope to put a simple step-by-step how to upload PDF’s to your WordPress blog soon. For now- the codex link at top is the best I could find.